APRIL FOOLS DAY MEAL

April Fools Day Meal:
"Cupcake": I used this recipe for some meatloaf. I form the meatloaf in to balls and then put it in the cupcake liner before cooking it. The meat shrinks a little as it cooks-just keep that in mind. For the "frosting" I just mashed some potatoes. I use beaters to get them very fine-otherwise sometimes when I use my piping bag to pipe it on to the meat loaf, chunks of potatoes get stuck in the tip. I added a little red food coloring in addition to my normal mashed potato ad ins- (butter, garlic salt, milk, salt and pepper). Then I piped the mashed potatoes on to the meatloaf. 

"French Fries": I just used a store bought sugar cookie dough. And sliced them thin with a pizza cutter. I topped them with some raw sugar to look like salt.

"Hamburger": I made cupcakes using a yellow cake mix. I put them in the cupcake pan with no liner, I just sprayed with cooking spray. I wanted to make sure they didn't have the lines in them that a cupcake liner would make. I made some brownies, using a 9x13 pan so that they were thin. I cut the bottom of the cupcake off and then cut the top of the cupcake-so I don't use the middle of the cupcake, I suppose you could use the whole cupcake if you made your cupcakes smaller than I did. I used a little circle cookie cutter to cut the brownies. Place the brownie on the cupcake, and spread some frosting in the layers. I used white frosting as "mayo" on the bottom and then red and yellow frosting on top as "ketchup" and "mustard." I normally drizzle red frosting over the "french fries" to be "ketchup." I used some sesame seeds for the top of the hamburger. Just dab some water on the cupcake and the sesame seeds will stick to it.

 

Comments